Saturday 29 February 2020

Light



It has since been realised that the source of the eerie, resonant sound on the night before we embarked for a hospital one hundred miles away was me. Upon our return we noticed that the inside of a central panel of nine identical stained glass panels had cracked from corner to corner with lots of fractures. The damage was occasioned from the inside. My spiritual energy was leaking due to increasing stress; coupled, of course, with Sarah's anxiety, over the invasive surgery I was about to undertake on my left groin to remove some lymph nodes. That was on Lord Byron's birthday last month. Since then I have had an MRI at New Hall, Salisbury, and an MRCP at the Royal, Dorset. Next I shall be returning to St George's, London, where I shall undergo the same lymph node removal operation on my right groin. This will take place on the morning of the day betwixt the feast of St Joseph of Arimathea, and St Joseph, the husband of the Blessed Virgin Mary. By a curious coincidence, Sarah has restored an antique church statue of the latter, and, of course, the former is of major significance because of my episcopal See at Glastonbury at which place Arimathean Joseph visited two millennia ago. I wrote about this in my book The Grail Church. I feel comforted by the pending uncomfortable time falling, as it does, on the day between these two saints. I shall have the pre-operation preparation at St George's on March 17th, the feast of St Joseph of Arimathea, the day prior to the operation itself. My recovery will take place on the feast of the Blessed Virgin's husband.



It has been decided that the damaged central panel of the large stained glass unit facing north will not replicate what was contained prior, but instead will feature a freshly designed "healing" panel in three colours that will have a direct association with Arimathean Joseph post-Crucifixion. The early light will then pour through the finished panel, and all those surrounding it. And its light shall hopefully heal ...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Echoes of the Studio